Saturday, September 5, 2009

Simple Abundance

 
Many of you know of this book by Sarah Ban Breathnach. Some of you may even know that I had my own copy at one point...then it disappeared. POOF! I had absolutely no idea where it could have gone to, all I knew was that it was gone. Yes, I could have gone to the bookstore and bought a new copy, but wasn't ready to run out and repurchase because I had somehow lost or misplaced mine.

While browsing around the thrift store, thumbing through titles that included Dr. Spock's Baby and Child Care, Laura Doyle's The Surrendered Wife, and Jackie Collins's The Bitch, I found my long lost treasure! Well, not mine because mine would have had my initials on the front page. But a beautiful like-brand-new-the-binding-creaked-when-I-opened-it copy of Ms. Breathnach's wonderful book. I am thrilled with my find and look forward to digging into it again.

Have you ever thrown away, sold, or lost something and regretted it to the extent that you repurchased it?