Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pillow hair ...

Okay that was just a teaser, this isn't really about pillow hair ... though it is about waking up. I recently came across a Chinese proverb:
When sleeping women wake, mountains move.
My heart quickened at the truth found within this simple phrase. I've read and heard many, many quotes throughout my life (some of which are written on the walls of my home), but don't recall ever hearing this one. Maybe I had heard it, but wasn't ready to listen to its meaning. I have been asleep for a long time.

I'm awake now ... and ready to move some mountains.

There's a scene in the movie Thelma and Louise where Thelma says to Louise:
"Are you awake?"
Louise responds, "I guess you can call it that ... my eyes are open."
Thelma says, "Me too. I feel awake.Wide awake. I don't remember ever feeling this awake. Know what I mean? Everything looks different."

This woman has been roused. I hope you're ready.