Sunday, October 16, 2011

Something different

I'm not really a very adventurous cook, tending to stick with the old standbys. I realized this morning that I had kidney beans in my pantry, though I'm not really sure why. The only reason I can think of is that they were purchased when I was trying to figure out a way to add more legumes to our diet. Though considering they've been in there a year tells you how well that went.

Anyway, today I decided to try my hand at some homemade chili. Sunday afternoon football game and chili ... perfect combination. Since I've never made chili before, I didn't have a recipe and the internet offered over 5 million when I searched ... and quite honestly, I just don't have time to browse through that many recipes.

The back of the Bush's kidney beans offered a simple recipe with minimal ingredients. It was easy to make and absolutely delicious. Too bad my Lions lost. Oh well ... 5-1 is still damn fine. Maybe they needed some of my chili.