Friday, January 1, 2010

"Twenty Ten"

Photobucket
Life continues to flow. Like a great river, it's always changing. Sometimes quiet, peaceful, and serene...other times rolling, violent, and terrifying. But it's never the same.

Here we are, not simply at the beginning of a new year, but a brand-new decade as well! I'm not going to reflect on the last decade (others have done it much better than I could hope to), other than to say we've had monumental, life-altering changes occur...some extraordinary and others devastating. Not sure who said it, but the truth of these words is timeless: Change is the one constant.

Of course, there's always a list of goals or resolutions that comes with January 1st because we feel compelled to at least attempt to control the changes in our lives. This year is no different than any other:
  • Lose 20 pounds – this may involve the Wii game system. LOL!
  • Have less mental negativity – no one beats me up quite like I do
  • Clean out my car once a month – some people are compulsive about this...I am not one of them! [grin]
  • Finish 4 new books – there’s some behind the scenes micro-managing to make this happen
  • Smile – a LOT!
  • Enjoy my life – I am surrounded by many wonderful people and places. Opportunities for this last abound!
So grab a glass of the delicious champagne and raise it to toast the changes to be made (or simply endured!)  in 2010! Cheers to a safe, healthy, and prosperous new year!!

Photobucket
I would love to hear your goals for the new year!