Sunday, September 6, 2009

Impatient

I'll admit to not being the most patient of drivers on occasion, but in my three years of driving [LOL!!] I have rarely blown my horn, sworn at another driver, or used earthy hand signals.

While out running some errands today, I was exiting a parking lot onto the main road. I had looked down the road to where the light had changed at just about the same time that I entered the road. I've got a sporty little car, so it wasn't doggin' on picking up speed. I had to make a right into another business, so put my turn signal on well in advance. The guy that had been first at that red light though had to accelerate so quickly (not sure what he was trying to prove in his big SUV) that he was now right on my bumper. Sure enough, there came the bird.

I hadn't done anything wrong. It's like just by my turning out well ahead of any of the cars starting out at the light, I had in some way pissed him off. And for what? I would say that I had somehow slowed him down by 1 or 2 seconds, but in reality I don't even think that's the case. I suppose I could have waited for the whole line of cars from the light to pass, but really that wasn't necessary. There was a lot of both time and space for my entry onto the road.

He was probably angry with something that had nothing to do with me, but his actions instantly turned my good mood into a pissy mood. Rotten bastard. As is often the case though, just writing about it has improved my spirits and helped put the event in perspective. He was a prick. [grin]

Can you recall an instance where another driver ticked you off?