Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weighty issues...

This has nothing to do with writing, but since it has to do with my life I figured here is as good a place as any to share.

My daughter and I are three weeks into dancing our way thinner. Just about every day we have danced to the program called Rockin' Body (from BeachBody.com) and we are each down several pounds. It took a while to get the routines, but now that we know them, I'm optimistic that we'll be shedding weight in no time!

Like many others, I've had love-hate issues with my body through the years. In the last year or so I've been able to come to terms with it and have learned to be happy in my skin. For me it's not so much an issue of how I look (though I want to look HOT this summer in skirts or a nice bathing suit!), I'm more concerned with how I feel. I'm tired of being tired.

Technically I haven't set a goal weight or date, but I'd like to see some serious results (down 20 pounds) by June. How about you? Got a weight loss success story or exercise program that you've tried with good results? Please share it here.